Living in Central Florida, I’m immersed in travel and tourism with theme parks, tourist attractions, hotels, and restaurants practically in my backyard. Luckily, I earned my stripes at Six Flags Theme Park & Wild Safari Animal Park in New Jersey, where I handled a variety of PR tasks, from pitching assignment editors and writing media kit components to promoting special events and managing community relations efforts. I understand the “guest-first” combo of fun, entertainment, education, and safety by writing content that draws in visitors, boosts the fun factor of their visit, encourages them to spend money (and stay longer) while on the premises, and turns them into a repeat customer.
Marketing, Media, and PR Materials
- Six Flags Theme Parks: Community Relations Plan; News Release; Media Advisory; Media Program Flyer; Fact Sheet 1; Fact Sheet 2; Pitch Letter; Media Relations Plan
Articles: Consumer Publications
- Good Life Family Magazine: Travel Knows No Bounds for Adults with Disabilities
- Boom: 7 Ways to Explore Your Town Like a Tourist
- Orlando Family Magazine: Time Out for Fun: 6 Great Family Day Trips Within 3 Hours of Orlando
Blogs & Online Content
- Doorsteps: A Local’s Guide to Summer in Orlando
- Good Life Family: The Coolest Place Around
- Hometown Tourist: Orlando: Holiday Traditions Beyond the Theme Park Gates; Stuck in a Fun Rut? Be a Hometown Tourist!